Monday, September 14, 2009

Make me Healthy, I'll make you Happy

Hi there, friends and people who are linked to me through Kevin Bacon. According to this great article in the NY Times, "Is Happiness Catching?", "For most of us, within three degrees we are connected to more than 1,000 people — all of whom we can theoretically help make healthier, fitter and happier just by our contagious example."
What an interesting study! I saw a smaller, much more condensed version of this story quite some time ago and was thrilled to see this one is 10 pages. If you're skeptical, hey--they address that too. Check it out...it could do good for all of us. I'll give you my happy, and I could use a little healthy (still having a mystery problem that's baffling the doctors, including my smart-o dad).

[Oh, and I have to give a nod to acupuncture here since after 3 1/2 months of terrible pain and being bed-ridden, it has improved my yucky sciatica after 4 sessions...still dealing with the literal pain in the butt.]

No comments:

Post a Comment