Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Quest For the Perfect Sweater

I have been a bit selfish with my knitting lately. I really want some handmade sweaters for the cold months coming up, and it's much much more cost effective and enjoyable to make them myself.

The first one I made is a bit snug, but still satisfying...

I also made the buttons to match. The pattern is the "Garter Stitch Swingy Cardigan" from Ravelry (the greatest knitting resource ever made). And, it's free!

The one I'm working on now fits wonderfully, and even though it's taking forever to make, I'm motivated by the notion of it being done someday soon.


The pattern is the "Lauren" sweater over at Ravelry (that one's only 3 buckaroonies).

I also made these 2 over the past few months. The green one was meant to have sleeves, but it is now a vest-type thingy because the sleeves were annoying to make.


This one is from the book,
Knits Three Ways.










And this one is the "Leaf T-shirt" on Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment